So I am officially done with week 2 of working from home/ self quarantine, with no end in sight!
In my last post I talked about my struggles. And though they are still very much a reality, there is a lot of lightheartedness I can still talk about. I think it’s important to focus on the positives, rather than negative. So from here on out, that is the plan!
During these last two weeks, I’ve noticed quite a few things I think are noteworthy. So I figured I would create a list!. I’m going to keep everything silly and light. Let me know in the comments if you’ve noticed the same things, or have anything you would add!
- Sports NEVER really stop– Every sports platform is playing old games, all time best games, or offering free services to watch OLD GAMES. But the main thing I’ve learned is, that these old games are just as entertaining for my boyfriend as if they were live! Mind blowing. He posts up watching classic Yankee games, talking about them like they were current, and telling me to pay attention to the next great play that’s about to happen. It’s cute. But I don’t get it.
- Yoga is HARD– I decided to start yoga during this time. I have a few reasons, and it just made sense. By no means did I think it would be EASY. But I didn’t realize just how difficult. I’m impressed with yogis, and determined to get it right!
- I’m STILL lazy– This is a disappointment for sure. I really thought being home 24/7 would encourage me to do more. I always say I’m lazy because I spend all day out at work looking forward to getting home, so I want to use that free time to be lazy. NOPE. I’m still lazy. Turns out, I need to try harder and push myself to do more.
- I would be fine wearing the same exact leggings and hoodie for the rest of my life– Let me start by saying, I haven’t done this. HOWEVER, I’ve come quite close. It’s become very clear to me that I have no real need for any clothes other than hoodies and leggings. Work is the ONLY reason I own jeans.
- You can still have a great workout at home– Part of this comes from the fact that my gym has been providing us with workouts each day. But it’s only proven that if you put the work in, and don’t cheat yourself you can absolutely have a killer workout. And I’ve been working out every day which is more than I would going into the gym.
- Virtual happy hours are totally normal– I’m sure you’ve seen at this point that these have become the norm. We had for my whole department on Friday, and my boyfriends family and I are all virtually “getting together” next Friday. Obviously it’s not the same, it’s a really creative way for us to feel social and I’m ALL FOR IT.
- Tik Tok was made for people like me– SO I downloaded a Tik Tok. Partially because I figured there HAD to be funny videos of what people are doing with their quarantine time, and partially because I love the Jenna Marbles videos reacting to Tik Toks. TURNS OUT I’m the prime audience. I totally feel watching these videos is a waste of time in the normal world. But in quarantine corona virus world, WONDERFUL use of time. I can’t stop laughing… which I think is a good thing right now.
- Even with all this time to watch a new show, I still choose How I Met Your Mother – There are so many shows I have been “planning” to watch. SO MANY. And yet, I put on the same show every day. It’s like it’s some kind of comfort for me. Whatever, not gonna fight it. I like what I like.
- I still fall asleep on the couch at 7pm– Since my gym is closed, and I’m working from home, I am obviously able to sleep longer in the mornings. About 2.5 hours to be exact. On top of it, I’m not leaving the house. AND YET, I still fall asleep on the couch between the hours of 6-7pm. WHY.
There you have it, my two weeks of quarantine observations! I am so sure I will have more to share as this continues on. But if I’m honest, I hope not. I would really like to resume normal life soon. 😦
Interested to see what others have experienced during quarantine, so feel free to share your quarantine observations. Would love to hear!
Please be safe out there!
Until next time,